AFTER DARK ACTION NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND
AFTER DARK ACTION NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND
New Franchise of Five Original Action Films Features International Action Stars
Jean-Claude Van Damme, Jim Caviezel, Cung Le, Dolph Lundgren, Christian Slater & Peter Weller
LOS ANGELES (May 11, 2012) -- “AFTER DARK ACTION,” After Dark Films’ new action film franchise, combines the talents of Joel Silver, Dark Castle Home Entertainment and Courtney Solomon’s After Dark Films for a series of high quality, high-octane action pictures featuring international stars such as Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Peter Weller, Jim Caviezel, Cung Le and Christian Slater. All five films in “AFTER DARK ACTION” are now available On Demand for a limited time. Check your cable or satellite provider for availably or order now on iTunes!
The five films in “AFTER DARK ACTION” are:
- DRAGON EYES – Starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, Cung Le and Peter Weller; directed by John Hyams and written by Tim Tori. In St. Jude, drug dealers and corrupt cops have destroyed an urban neighborhood. But newcomer, Hong, has the fighting skills and moral vision to save this town from itself. Rated R. Running time: 92 minutes. Watch On Demand now at: http://bit.ly/K2uyFv
- EL GRINGO -- Starring Christian Slater, Scott Adkins and Yvette Yates; directed by Eduardo Rodriguez and written by Jonathon W. Stokes. A man crossing into Mexico with a satchel of $2,000,000, and a bloody past, finds himself under sudden attack in the sleepy town of El Fronteras. Rated R. Running time: 88 minutes. Watch On Demand now at: http://bit.ly/Ku34g1
- THE PHILLY KID – Starring Wes Chatham, Neal McDonough and Devon Sawa; directed by Jason Connery and written by Adam Mervis. A former NCAA champion wrestler is paroled after 10 years in prison. Now, to save a friend's life, in a series of cage fights he must agree to do the impossible - lose. Rated R. Running time: 94 minutes. Watch On Demand now at: http://bit.ly/KQNB78
- STASH HOUSE -- Starring Dolph Lundgren, Sean Faris, Brianna Evigan and Jon Huertas; directed by Eduardo Rodriguez and written by Gary Spinelli. Dave and Emma have found the perfect house, until they discover a stash of heroin and end up imprisoned in it by violent thugs. Rated R. Running time: 99 minutes. Watch On Demand now at http://bit.ly/M4bnS3
- TRANSIT – Starring Jim Caviezel, James Frain, Elisabeth Rohm, Harold Perrineau and Sterling Knight; directed by Antonio Negret and written by Michael Gilvary. The camping trip was meant to reunite the Sidwell family. When they are hunted and terrorized by violent bank robbers, their very survival will depend on working together. Rated R. Running time: 88 minutes. Watch On Demand now at: http://bit.ly/M4bm0k
About After Dark Films:
After Dark Films, an Independent motion picture studio, was formed in 2006 by director/filmmaker Courtney Solomon and Hong Kong based real estate magnate Allan Zeman. After Dark Films’ first motion picture film release was An American Haunting (2006) starring Sissy Spacek and Donald Sutherland. Co-founder and CEO Courtney Solomon wrote, produced, and directed this film under the newly formed After Dark Films banner.
After the release of An American Haunting, partners Solomon and Zeman formed a multiyear marketing and distribution deal for Horrorfest “8 Films To Die For®” between After Dark Films and Lionsgate Entertainment, with After Dark handling theatrical marketing & releases and Lionsgate handling the distribution of all ancillary forms of media (Home Video, Pay TV, Pay Per View). After Dark Films released Horrorfest 4 in theaters on January 29, 2010.
Building on the success of Horrorfest, After Dark released the first 8 originally produced horror films in January 2011 under the moniker After Dark Originals. Its second slate of 8 more originally produced films, After Dark Originals 2 is currently in production.
About Dark Castle Home Entertainment:
Dark Castle Entertainment was launched in 1999 by producer Joel Silver (“Lethal Weapon,” “Die Hard,” “The Matrix”) and Robert Zemeckis (“Castaway,” “Back to the Future”). One of the most prolific and successful producers in the history of motion pictures, Silver has produced a catalog of over 60 films, which have earned a combined gross of $13.5 billion worldwide from all sources.
With Dark Castle, Silver expanded his production prowess into the horror market and began with a string of hit films starting with the record-breaking 1999 opening of “House on Haunted Hill,” followed by “Thir13en Ghosts” in 2001, “Ghost Ship” in 2002, “Gothika” in 2003 and “House of Wax” in 2005.
Dark Castle Home Entertainment was created in 2007 to produce original horror films and sequels to Dark Castle pictures that would be released directly to the home market. Some of the movies include “Return to House on Haunted Hill” starring Jeffrey Combs and Amanda Righetti, and “The Hills Run Red,” starring Sophie Monk.
42West New York
42West Los Angeles